高齢者の咽喉頭異常感と食道クリアランス能の異常との関連 Relationship between Globus Sensation and Esophageal Clearance Abnormalities in an Elderly Group

この論文にアクセスする

この論文をさがす

著者

抄録

(目的)近年,耳鼻咽喉科領域ではGERDと咽喉頭異常感との関連が注目されている.高齢者では下部食道括約部の静止圧の低下や,食道クリアランス能の低下などの食道の生理的な機能低下が指摘されている.本研究は高齢者の咽喉頭異常感と食道クリアランス能との関連性を検討するために行われた.(対象)咽喉頭異常感症の高齢者156例(平均年齢74.7歳).(方法)食道クリアランス能の評価として,患者に腹臥位で造影剤を嚥下させ,食道内での造影剤の移動状況を(1)正常群(2)食道内停滞群(3)食道内逆流群(4)咽頭内逆流群の4群に分類した.また喉頭ファイバースコープ下に,披裂部粘膜の発赤,披裂間粘膜浮腫,梨状陥凹の唾液貯留の有無を観察した.(結果)正常群36例,食道内停滞群8例,食道内逆流群79例,咽頭内逆流群33例で,食道内逆流群と咽頭内逆流群を合わせると156例中112例(71.8%)に食道内での逆流現象が観察された.披裂部粘膜の発赤が156例中76例(48.7%)に認められ,この内61例(80.3%)に食道内での逆流現象が観察された.(結語)高齢者の食道クリアランス能の低下は,胃酸暴露に対する防御機構の減弱に繋がり,咽喉頭異常感発症の増悪因子になると結論した.また腹臥位による咽頭食道造影検査は,安全かつ簡便に食道クリアランス能を評価できる優れた検査法であると考えられた.

Recent studies suggest that gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) may be a cause of globus sensation. However, it is difficult to examine the reflux of acidic gastric contents directly. We hypothesized that the esophageal clearance capacity against reflux acid may be responsible for the clinical symptoms of GERD. The purpose of this study was to investigate the bolus residue and reflux in the esophagus during swallowing in elderly patients and to discuss the relationship between globus sensation and esophageal clearance abnormalities. Videopharyngoesophageal examinations in the prone position were performed in 156 elderly patients with globus sensation (average age: 74.7 years old). Esophageal clearance in the prone position was classified into 4 subgroups according to the movement of a contrast bolus: Group 1, normal; group 2, retension in esophagus; group 3, reflux of contrast bolus within esophagus; group 4, reflux of contrast bolus into pharyngo-laryngeal regions. Group 1 contained 36 cases (23.1%), group 2 contained 8 cases (5.1%), group 3 contained 79 cases (50.6%), and group 4 contained 33 cases (21.2%). Overall, the reflux of a contrast bolus in the esophagus was observed in 112 cases (71.8%). We concluded that decreased esophageal clearance in elderly subjects affects the defense mechanism against acid exposure and may be a risk factor for the appearance of globus sensation. Videopharyngoesophageal examination in the prone position may be an easy and valuable method for evaluating the function of esophageal clearance.

収録刊行物

  • 日本耳鼻咽喉科學會會報  

    日本耳鼻咽喉科學會會報 109(6), 524-529, 2006-06-20 

    The Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Society of Japan, Inc.

参考文献:  12件

参考文献を見るにはログインが必要です。ユーザIDをお持ちでない方は新規登録してください。

各種コード

  • NII論文ID(NAID)
    10018333008
  • NII書誌ID(NCID)
    AN00191551
  • 本文言語コード
    JPN
  • 資料種別
    ART
  • ISSN
    00306622
  • NDL 記事登録ID
    8011054
  • NDL 雑誌分類
    ZS43(科学技術--医学--耳鼻咽喉科学)
  • NDL 請求記号
    Z19-250
  • データ提供元
    CJP書誌  NDL  J-STAGE 
ページトップへ