Instantaneous Successive Particle Collisions with an Impeller in a Stirred Tank
Instantaneous successive particle collision within tens of milliseconds is visualized by the collision sound detection method. The main mechanism seems to be the discharge of a particle due to the collision against the circulation flow in the tank and the re-entrainment of the particle into the circulation flow leading to the immediate next collision. It is confirmed that the rate of instantaneous successive collisions to total successive collisions is about 22% in the examined conditions. Further, the rate is found to be practically constant in sufficiently solid-suspended conditions.
- Journal of chemical engineering of Japan
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 40(1), 12-16, 2007-01-01
The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan
参考文献: 11件中 1-11件 を表示
- Numerical Simulation of Solids Suspension in a Stirred Tank
DERKSEN J. J.
AIChE J. 49, 2700-2714, 2003
- Factors Affecting Secondary Nucleation Rate of Sodium Chloride in an Evaporative Crystallizer
GROOTSCHOLTEN P. A. M.
AIChE 28, 728-737, 1982
- Measurement of Particle Impact Frequencies and Velocities on Impeller Blades in a Mixing Tank
KEE K. C.
Chem. Eng. Research & Design 82, 1237-1249, 2004
- The Effect of Agitation and Scale-Up on Crystal Growth Rates and on Secondary Nucleation
NIENOW A. W.
Trans. Inst. Chem. Eng. 54, 205-207, 1976
- PARTICLE-IMPELLER IMPACT IN AN AGITATED VESSEL EQUIPPED WITH A RUSHTON TURBINE
TAKAHASHI Koji , GIDOH Yoshimitsu , YOKOTA Toshiyuki , NOMURA Toshio
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 25(1), 73-77, 1992-02-20
- Scale-Up Effect on the Rate of Contact Nucleation Caused by Collisions of Crystals with an Impeller
Chem. Eng. Sci. 54, 3831-3838, 1999
- Suspending of Solid Particles in Liquid by Agitators
ZWIETERING T. N.
Chem. Eng. Sci. 8, 244-253, 1958
- PARTICLE-IMPELLER IMPACT FOR A SIX BLADED 45°PITCHED TURBINE IN AN AGITATED VESSEL
HE Yongfu , TAKAHASHI Koji , NOMURA Toshio
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 28(6), 786-789, 1995-12-01
- EFFECT OF SCALE ON PARTICLE-IMPELLER IMPACT IN AN AGITATED VESSEL EQUIPPED WITH A RUSHTON TURBINE
TAKAHASHI Koji , NAKANO Yosuke , YOKOTA Toshiyuki , NOMURA Toshio
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 26(1), 100-103, 1993-02-20
被引用文献: 1件中 1-1件 を表示
- Abrasion of Particles by a Small Impeller in an Agitated Vessel
TADAMASA Akihiko , TAKAHASHI Koji
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 45(8), 882-887, 2012-12-01