Recovery of Useful Chemicals from Paper Sludge-Derived Tar by Catalytic Partial Oxidization over Zirconia-Supporting Iron Oxide Catalysts in Steam Atmosphere

この論文にアクセスする

この論文をさがす

著者

抄録

To develop a method for converting paper sludge-derived tar to useful petroleum-related chemicals, the catalytic cracking of the tar over zirconia-supporting iron oxide catalysts (ZrO<SUB>2</SUB>/FeO<SUB>X</SUB> catalyst) in a steam atmosphere was examined. Useful aromatics such as toluene, ethylbenzene, and styrene are included in the tar at compositions of approximately 63% with the remaining 37% being unknown components. By applying the ZrO<SUB>2</SUB>/FeO<SUB>X</SUB> catalyst, the unknown components were effectively decomposed without decomposing the useful chemicals existing in the tar, and the concentrations of unknown components were decreased from 37 to 11%. Moreover, acetone and phenol were newly produced. The lattice oxygen of the FeO<SUB>X</SUB> was the active site for the catalytic decomposition of the unknown components in the tar, and the ZrO<SUB>2</SUB> on FeO<SUB>X</SUB> had activity for decomposing H<SUB>2</SUB>O molecules, thereby yielding active oxygen species. The oxygen active species spilled over on the FeO<SUB>X</SUB> surface to regenerate the oxygen defects formed during the reaction. Accordingly, the catalytic activity and stability were due to the consumption and regeneration of the lattice oxygen.

収録刊行物

  • Journal of chemical engineering of Japan  

    Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 41(5), 369-373, 2008-05-01 

    The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan

参考文献:  15件

参考文献を見るにはログインが必要です。ユーザIDをお持ちでない方は新規登録してください。

各種コード

  • NII論文ID(NAID)
    10021110253
  • NII書誌ID(NCID)
    AA00709658
  • 本文言語コード
    ENG
  • 資料種別
    ART
  • ISSN
    00219592
  • NDL 記事登録ID
    9498275
  • NDL 雑誌分類
    ZP1(科学技術--化学・化学工業)
  • NDL 請求記号
    Z53-R395
  • データ提供元
    CJP書誌  NDL  J-STAGE 
ページトップへ