KINETIC EXPRESSION FOR PIGMENT PRODUCTION IN CULTURE OF RED BEET HAIRY ROOTS
A kinetic model was proposed to represent the profile of pigment production associated with the growth of red beet hairy roots. This model was constructed on the basis of a concept of cellular age distribution arising from a linear growth mode of the roots. The kinetics of root proliferation were formulated using a Monod-type rate equation of root elongation with intracellular phosphorus as a limiting substrate. A positional dependence of pigment content was observed along with the hairy roots; namely, content increased with increasing distance from the root tips and gradually approached a saturated value correlated with intracellular phosphorus content. The kinetics of pigment formation of hairy roots were presented by considering the variation in pigment content along the roots and the intracellular phosphorus effect. It was demonstrated that the model made it possible to describe the kinetic behaviors of growth and pigmentation during hairy root culture in a fermentor.
- Journal of chemical engineering of Japan
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 28(6), 772-778, 1995-12-01
The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan
参考文献: 14件中 1-14件 を表示
- Harvesting Profitable Products from Plant Tissue Culture
CURTIN M. E.
Bio/Technol. 1, 649-657, 1983
- Calcium and phosphate effects on growth and alkaloid production in Coffea arabica: experimental results and mathematical model.
BRAMBLE J. L.
Biotechnol. Bioeng. 37, 859-868, 1991
- Synergistic Response of Plant Hairy-Root Cultures to Phosphate Limitation and Furgal Elicitation
DUNLOP D. S.
Biotechnol. Prog. 7, 434-438, 1991
- Response of Aromatic Pathway Enzymes of Plant Suspension Cells to Phosphate Limitation
FISCHER R. S.
Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 3, 1415-1420, 1993
- EVALUATION OF INHIBITORY EFFECT OF AMMONIUM ION ON CULTURES OF PLANT HAIRY ROOTS
KINO-OKA Masahiro , TAYA Masahito , TONE Setsuji
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 26(5), 578-580, 1993-10-20
J-STAGE 参考文献10件 被引用文献1件
- A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco cultures
Physiol. Plant 15, 473-497, 1962
- Interpreting the Role of Phosphorus and Growth Rate in Enhanced Fungal Induction of Sesquiterpenes from Hyoscyamus muticus Root Cultures
Appl. Mibrobiol. Biotechnol. 38, 550-555, 1993
- Mathematical model of cell gwoth and phosphatese biosynthesis in Saccharomyces carlsbergensis under phophate limitation.
Biotechnol. Bioeng. 21, 487-502, 1979
- Utilization of hairy root cultures for production of secondary metabolites.
Biotechnol. Prog. 9, 12-20, 1993
- Effect of Anoxia on Solute Loss from Beetroot Storage Tissue
J. Exp. Bot. 43, 897-905, 1992
- CULTURE OF RED BEET HAIRY ROOT IN BIOREACTOR AND RECOVERY OF PIGMENT RELEASED FROM THE CELLS BY REPEATED TREATMENT OF OXYGEN STARVATION
KINO-OKA Masahiro , HONGO Yasuhiro , TAYA Masahito , TONE Setsuji
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 25(5), 490-495, 1992-10-20
J-STAGE 参考文献18件 被引用文献3件
- A kinetic model of branching growth of plant hairy root.
Taya Masahito , Kino-oka Masahiro , Tone Setsuji , Kobayashi Takeshi
JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING OF JAPAN 22(6), 698-700, 1989
- Production and Release of Pigments by Culture of Transformed Hairy Root of Red Beet
TAYA M. , MINE KOJI , KINO-OKA MASAHIRO , TONE SETSUJI , ICHI TAKAHITO
J. Ferment. Bioeng. 73, 31-36, 1992
- Influence of Medium Constituents on Enhancement of Pigment Production by Batch Culture of Red Beet Hairy Roots
TAYA M. , YAKURA KEN , KINO-OKA MASAHIRO , TONE SETSUJI
J. Ferment. Bioeng. 77, 215-217, 1994
被引用文献: 1件中 1-1件 を表示
- A Non-Destructive Method for Secondary Metabolite Determination in Hairy Root Cultures
Berzin Isaac , Mills David , Merchuk Jose C.
Journal of chemical engineering of Japan 32(2), 229-234, 1999-04