米国大学のGIS教育プログラム : 2007年度の調査  [in Japanese] GIS Education Programs at US Colleges and Universities : Investigation of the 2007-08 Academic Year  [in Japanese]

Access this Article

Search this Article

Author(s)

Abstract

<p>Developing systematic GIS education programs is an important issue in Japan. This paper examined GIS education programs at US colleges and universities for the 2007-08 academic year. A majority (72%) of the GIS education programs awarded certificates while the remainder (28%) awarded degrees. Approximately 40% of the GIS education programs were based on interdepartmental cooperation. Among ten main classes (fields) of the Dewey Decimal Classification system, the field of history & geography played the most important role in the GIS education programs, while the fields of computer science, information and general works, science, social sciences, and technology played relatively significant roles. Cooperation between any combinations of two of these five fields was found with similar frequencies in around 10% of all programs. GIS education programs are considerably more advanced in the US than in Japan.</p>

Journal

  • Theory and Applications of GIS

    Theory and Applications of GIS 16(2), 123-129, 2008-12-31

    Geographic Information Systems Association

References:  8

Codes

  • NII Article ID (NAID)
    10024771673
  • NII NACSIS-CAT ID (NCID)
    AN10457305
  • Text Lang
    JPN
  • Article Type
    NOT
  • ISSN
    13405381
  • NDL Article ID
    10225731
  • NDL Source Classification
    ZM13(科学技術--科学技術一般--データ処理・計算機)
  • NDL Call No.
    Z14-B125
  • Data Source
    CJP  NDL  J-STAGE 
Page Top