P-29 スギヒラタケ食中毒事件の化学的解明(ポスター発表の部) P-29 Chemical elucidation of a food poisoning affair of Pleurocybella porrigens
In autumn, 2004, 55 people got poisoned by eating an edible wild mushroom, Pleurocybella porrigens (Sugihiratake in Japanese) and 17 people among them died of acute encephalopathy. We found that mice died by injection of the wter-soluble extracts of the mushroom. We tried the isolation of the toxic principle(s) from the extracts. As a result, a lectin (PPL) and a glycoprotein were purified from the mushroom. PPL is a tetramer of identical subunits without S-S linkage. The lectin specifically bound N-acetylgalactosamine among monosacchrides tested. This lectin showed lethal toxicity against rats. In addition, a glycoprotein was isolated as a lethal toxin against mice and rats. The relation between these substances and acute encephalopathy is now being elucidated.
天然有機化合物討論会講演要旨集 48(0), 325-330, 2006