京都・南禅寺界隈庭園における琵琶湖疏水の水利用 [in Japanese] WATER UTILIZATION OF BIWAKO CANAL IN THE GARDENS AROUND NANZEN-JI TEMPLE AREA IN KYOTO [in Japanese]
Access this Article
Search this Article
Biwako canal was established in 1890 in order to derive waters to Kyoto basin for water power, transportation by ships, irrigation system and fire protection. Nanzen-ji area was developed in 1910's by Mr. Yosaji Tsukamoto for the villa residence by enterprisers. Each garden was made by a gardener, 7<sup>th</sup> Jihei Ogawa who was named “Ueji”. These gardens introduced water from Biwako canal. This paper shows the transfer of the rights of utilization on water of Biwako canal depended on the archives of resisters with water power by Kyoto City Bureau on Biwako canal. By the transfer and separation of water power, the new gardens were made in the same route of water system. And more, irrigation systems in the Kyoto basin was improved by the introduction on the Biwako canal.
- Journal of Architecture and Planning (Transactions of AIJ)
Journal of Architecture and Planning (Transactions of AIJ) 79(698), 1025-1034, 2014
Architectural Institute of Japan