（Legal practice course guides）
Oxford University Press, c2006
Available at / 3 libraries
Search this Book/Journal
Description and Table of Contents
The new edition of "LPC Employment Law" has been written principally for students taking the optional module in employment law on the Legal Practice Course, and is particularly suitable for those courses with either a corporate or private client bias. It offers a practical and comprehensive guide to the preventative measures that can be taken and the litigation problems most commonly presented to a solicitor in this area of the law. "Employment Law" has been fully revised and updated to cover all recent UK and European case law, statutory materials and developments in practice. It also offers case study questions at the end of each chapter and exercises throughout the book to test students' understanding of the key topics addressed. The book is accompanied by a dedicated companion web site containing updates in employment law.
Table of Contents
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes
- Table of Secondary Legislation
- 1. Overview of employment law
- 2. Definition of 'employee'
- 3. Formulation of contract
- 4. Statutory controls on the contents of contract
- 5. Operation of the contract
- 6. Discrimination and equal pay
- 7. Protecting business secrets
- 8. Restraint of trade
- 9. Termination of the contract at common law
- 10. Unfair dismissal
- 11. Redundancy
- 12. Takeovers and transfers of undertakings
- 13. Employment tribunal procedure
by "Nielsen BookData"