Reader's Digest Association, c1998
Takes a journey back through time to discover and re-discover the changing lives of the British during the 20th century. Personal anecdotes, eyewitness accounts and intimate stories create a "family history" of the British people, accompanied by over 600 illustrations and photographs.
- 1900-1919 in the good old days
- 1920-1929 a land fit for heroes
- 1930-39 the threadbare thirties
- 1939-1945 a country goes to war
- 1945-1949 the austerity years
- 1950-1959 never had it so good
- 1960-1969 power to the people
- 1970-1979 a nation in search of a role
- 1979- epilogue.
「Nielsen BookData」 より